21 November 2011

Experiment of the Day

Just a quick post today - more to follow soon.

This is probably nothing new to most of you - but it was the first time I've had a real crack at masking with blu-tack. My victims were a couple of Revell Warriors I had previously sprayed black.

Here they are masked up:

Photobucket

I gave them a reasonably solid spray with FoW's War Paint - British Armour:

Photobucket

Fingers crossed I carefully removed (and threw out) the blu-tack mask and hey presto:

Photobucket

and...

Photobucket

Not 100% but good enough to start work on properly and the method saved a ridiculous amount of time compared to me having to hand paint the cam scheme (like I do on 3 more Warriors...).

So - I'll definitely be doing that again!

Have fun...

Richard

7 comments:

  1. That seems to have worked really well. I must give I a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you use to mask the vehicles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness! After just seeing the first photo on TGN, I thought those tanks were set to hide in a herd of cows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should feather the edges of the black with an airbrush, I've found that gives a really nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used Blu-Tack - partly because it was easy but also I was going for the hard edge look. Blu-Tack is normally used for hanging posters etc.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had success with this method

    ReplyDelete