07 January 2019

My Unofficial Battlegroup: Cold War - UPDATED - French Armoured Division Battlegroup -

Hi guys

Just a quick post.  Based on some late feedback I have made some very minor changes to the French Armoured Division Battlegroup List.  They are:

  • The Armoured Voltigeur Platoon has lost its Medium Mortar, which has been replace with a Heavy Mortar.
  • The AMX-13 105mm SPG has been more correctly named
  • The Dragoon LRRP Patrol has had the 2 APILAS MAW's stripped out (as they were no meant to engage armour).  However I have added a single APILAS MAW as an option extra for 10 pts.  They have reduced in cost down to 55 pts.
That's it for now.

This week I hope to have the French AFV Data out and I'll review where I got up to with the east German and Polish AFV Data.  I'm also starting work on the French Infantry Division List.

Finally I've actually started to paint some Cold War Soviet vehicles again so I may finally be able to post up some pics.



20 December 2018

My Unofficial Battlegroup: Cold War - French Armoured Division Battlegroup List


Its been a long time coming and involved a fair amount of effort, but today I'm pleased to post up a French Armoured Division Battlegroup List:

French Armoured Division Battlegroup

Many, many thanks to Paul Cziganj and Jerome Bons without whom this list would either not exist or if it did, it would be seriously wrong!  It seems even the French find French Army TO&Es a little confusing!

I'd appreciate any feedback including errors etc.  Any mistakes in the list are purely mine, not Jerome or Paul's.

You'll note that there is a new French specific Special Rule re: Rifle Grenades as part of the list.  I am trying to show the heavy, doctrinal use of rifle grenades by the French Army.  Any better ideas for dealing with this would be appreciated.

So in the next month or so, I hope to add 2 more French lists (which will be much easier now this list is done) and I'll work on the French Vehicle Data and Weapons information.

It's been a fairly bad year hobby-wise as we planned to be moving overseas about now.  That has all been put on hold for a while so hopefully next year will be rather different and a bit more time for painting soldiers and playing games.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

Thanks for your support


29 October 2018

My Unofficial Battlegroup: Cold War - West German Panzer Battlegroup List Updated

Just a very quick note to let you know the West German Panzer Division list has been updated.  The links at the top and side of the page have both been updated.  Mostly simple changes and corrections based on feedback.  Most dramatically Leopard 2 units are no longer veterans and are now a little cheaper points-wise.



24 October 2018

My Unofficial Battlegroup: Cold War - Polish Airborne Brigade Battlegroup List

So finally I'm able to publish the last Polish list - the 6th Pomeranian Airborne Brigade.  This is another useful list if you want to game out the Battle for Denmark.

So here is the list

Polish Airborne Brigade Battlegroup

Still had no real feedback on these lists - so if you're interested in the Poles and you've had a look at the lists, please point out any errors or areas where we've missed something out.

As I said this will be the last list for the Poles - now we'll be moving to some French lists for a change.



16 September 2018

My Unofficial Battlegroup: Cold War - Polish Naval Landing Brigade Battlegroup List

So today I'm posting up the third of the four Polish Lists that we have planned.  This list can be used to create a force from the 7th Luzycka Naval Landing Brigade - a very useful list if like me you'd like to play out a Battle for Denmark Campaign.

So here is the list

Polish Naval Landing Brigade Battlegroup

We haven't really had any feedback on the Polish lists so far, so please have a look at them and let me know what you think.



09 September 2018

My Unofficial Battlegroup: Cold War - Polish Armoured Division Battlegroup List

Sorry - I had to pull the list and sort out a couple of small errors.  That is all now fixed

So here is the next Polish list - their Armoured Division list.  Not really that much different to the Motorised Rifle list - but now with T-72s!

Here it is:

Polish Armoured Division Battlegroup

As always - please let me know what you think - good or bad...



05 September 2018

My Unofficial Battlegroup: Cold War - Polish Motorised Rifle Division Battlegroup List

Well this has been some time in coming, but I'm very pleased to be posting up today the newest list for my unofficial Battlegroup: Cold War.  This time around it's the first Polish list - focussed on the Polish Motorised Rilfe Divisions of the Pomeranian Military District - the ones that would be primarily involved in heading towards Denmark (with the 15. MRD being assigned the role of the main force to come ashore on Zeeland as the follow-on force to Soviet and Polish Naval Infantry.

Anyway - here it is:

Polish Motorised Rifle Division Battlegropup 1.1

Once again the speed by which this list appeared and most of the heavy lifting is all down to Paul Cziganj whose immense help has meant you are getting this now, not 3 years from now when I could have gotten around to it by myself!  So thanks Paul, once again.

So please have a look for yourself.  Download, let me know of any errors or omissions etc and I'll be happy to go back in a revise.

Oh yes - I'll now also be adding the Belgian list to the side bar for easy access.