Once again it's been a while. Preparations for Christmas, visitors and then my wife managing to severely break her ankle just before New Year has meant a pretty busy couple of months for me, and not much time for anything too gamey.
I did have a couple of moments of purchase based stress relief which brings me to today's topic. For a while now I've wanted to get some kind of Soviet tank transporter/trailer. I've been looking at the TAKOM offering, which seems quite nice:
- Super cheap
- Ridiculously easy to put together
- Solid wargamers kit
- Scales well
- Basically does what it says on the tin
- If you were really really lazy you could almost get away with out painting it! Oh the horror!!
- It's pretty chunky and there is of course a lack of fine detail, but personally I think the positive of being a solid (rather than fragile) kit outweigh that
- Sink marks. There are quite a few sink marks on this kit. Some I'm happy to ignore, but some are in quite prominent positions. I guess all up I can live with them and hopefully hide most of them!
- The metal rods - while perfectly useful and much better than plastic, unless I'm doing it wrong, they are to long for the wheels on the trailer. A relatively easy fix, but until that is done it makes the trailer look a bit toy like.