As I stated a couple of weeks ago in this post I recently started work on a Heimatschutzbrigade list. Once I properly started to do some research it became clear that I would need to do two lists, if I wanted to do the subject justice and more importantly it would just make the whole project simpler.
So here is the first list
West German Heimatschutzbrigade 51 & 52 Battlegroups
You can also find it in the NATO Lists TAB above.
These two brigades are a little bit special. Compared to the rest of the Heimatschutzbrigades, the Panzer Battalions in HSB 51 & 56 were equipped with Leopard 1's rather than M48s. HSB 56 looks a lot more like a Panzergrenadier brigade than a territorial brigade. It's two infantry battalions were equipped with Marders, it's artillery battalion had M109Gs, and it had a Panzerjager Company with Jaguar 2s.
As always, I'd be happy to recieve any feedback or any additional information to make these lists as accurate as I can within the bounds of the game.
The next list will cover the rest of the 50 Series Heimatschutzbrigades and all the 60 Series brigades. Hopefully with this work done, it shouldn't take to long.
Once this is done I'll finally be moving onto the Finnish and Swedish lists. I've already started work on the Finnish one, but need to do a lot more reading first. In the meantime I need to work on some West German model kits so I'm ready to start a massive painting job this summer. I'm also playing a bit of solo play of a very old hex and counter wargame to map out how Finland would go up against the Soviets for my timeline.
So that's it for now
Richard
No comments:
Post a Comment