20 October 2010

MMS BMP-1 and more BMPs

Time for another update. This week has a BMP focus. Not that BMPs on my blog are anything new, but I have finished another one from another manufacturer and have finished putting together 2 more ACE Models BMP-1 kits.

As I understand it, at least here in Australia MMS BMP-1s are relatively rare. Well before seeing this one I had certainly never seen one before - but I guess that's not saying much! This one came from my local arms dealer - Simon - and was happily bought by me.

This was a very straight forward build - as in it was completely built and just needed to be painted. As usual I have painted it in my standard Russian scheme. So without further ado:

Photobucket
Side View

Photobucket
Rear Top View

This was BMP number 5, and here are the next two... a couple of ACE Model kits that I have just finished building.

All in all, if I disregard the tracks, these weren't such bad kits. I'll provide a more complete review further done the track once I've totally finished them.

Photobucket

(Don't look too closely to the tracks!)

No BMP-1 youtube clips this week - there are enough of those in the earlier BMP posting.

Have fun

Richard

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Richard. Which are your favourites? Ace or Britannia?

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I'm willing to bet it's NOT the ACE kits that are his favourite... I put six of them together and I'm sure the frustration took years off my life.)

    Yours look like they went together a bit better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funnily enough, each serves its purpose. If you want great simple models of a BMP-1 that takes no time to complete and paint, I'd always vote for Britannia. However, on everyone the drivers and gunner's hatches are open - so its not as flexible as I would like. With the 2 ACE BMPs, you could have any hatch you wanted opened or closed - and I really like to be able to choose how the end product looks.

    So each has their pluses and minuses. How's that for an incoherent answer!

    Richard

    ReplyDelete