13 December 2017

Soviet ATGM Ammo Markers

Just a quick post today and probably at least one more quick post before Christmas.

During the last game we tested the rule that man-packed ATGM teams had a max of 3 missiles before they had to resupply.  We used little wee dice to show the number of missiles remaining.  I thought it would be much nicer to have a visual marker that was more "real".

So this is my first attempt at some AT-4 and AT-7 tubes:



So you can see - not much to look at, just one or two missile tubes ready to be used.  Soviet tubes don't seem to have any markings on them - or they are so small I have not spotted them.  So I just went with plain tubes.

My thinking is that if you have no markers, it means you have a full missile loadout.  Once you've fired a shot you add the two missile ammo marker to the ATGM team.  Again once fired you reduce it to the single missile marker.  Once you have no missiles - turn the ATGM team away from the enemy to indicate they can't fire.

That's the plan anyway.  We'll see how it works.  I also need to make some NATO missile tube markers next.

Thanks

Richard

7 comments:

  1. Bloomin' wonderful idea. These look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look the part. Although personally I'd count down rather than up.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete. Do you mean put out a marker to show every shot fired rather than shots remaining?
      Richard

      Delete
    2. Start with three markers and remove one every time you shoot. Seems to be more initiative that way round to me.

      Cheers,

      Pete.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few years ago, I saw a BRDM-2 with AT-5s at Bovington Tank Museum. There were markings on the missile tubes, but I don't know if you'd want to paint them in 20mm. I've put a couple of photos here: https://imgur.com/a/Ivu6e.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m new to your blog and i really appreciate the nice posts and great layout.:,*”- 5.7x28 ammo

    ReplyDelete