Back in May 2015 I posted Part One of a Work-In-Progress for my Danish Centurions. At the time I had made two Airfix Centurions and needed another one to make up a Platoon. Finding a third Airfix one proved essentially impossible, so I got a Britannia Centurion instead.
I needed to adjust the Britannia Centurion slightly as it is representing an Aussie Cent in Vietnam and has two spare wheels on the front glacis. They were carefully removed and some camo netting placed there to cover any mistakes. The head of the driver was severely miscast and had to be loped off! Poor chap. Apart from that I added some S&S Centurion smoke dischargers and filled in as many holes as I could before it drove me insane. (Still missed plenty).
I sprayed all 3 of them black a month ago or so and that's when I hit my first major (and still not resolved) problem. One Airfix Centurion took the spray perfectly, while the tracks on the second one turned extremely tacky and went glossy and remain so to this day. It makes it really tough to handle the tank and I'm not 100% sure what to do at this point. So after this WIP I'll concentrate on finishing the other 2 and then turn my attention to the one that's not playing nice.
Anyway - so rather than taking my normal route of masking off some black areas and spraying, I decided to simply brush paint on the light green cam colour. Here is how they turned out:
So that's looking OK - ready of the next few steps... You can see the Centurion in the middle is sitting on an old Itunes card. I didn't want it sticking to my desk and if you look closely you can see track marks on the card! It leaves marks on you finger when you pick it up wrong as well.
So let's ignore that one for now and over the next few days, I hope we'll see progress in the other two.
Onwards and upwards