23 June 2017

Best News Ever

Best news ever!!!!  Battlegroup NORTHAG is coming!!!


This was announced last night (my time) on the PSC Facebook site along with PSC's standard website.  On the website is says this:

I have given the go ahead to finish off Battlegroup Northag - a cold war version of our popular Battlegroup WW2 rules system. We have a "work in progress" set of rules and army lists, the basis of which has very kindly provided  by some Battlegroup enthusiasts.


I don't want to brag, but I'm relatively sure the "work-in-progress" set of rules and army lists mentioned here by Will Townsend are the ones I've been working on for a while now and supplied to Warwick Kinrade and Piers Brand earlier this year (and the rules again on Friday my time - houre before the announcement when another copy was requested).  At the very least, my rules and lists have contributed to their WIP set of rules and lists.  Apart from the rules I've supplied them over a dozen army lists.  Anyway I'm more than a little chuffed by that and hope to be involved into the future.

Again in super positive news PSC have decided to release this:


3 x T-55 in a box! I believe it's up for pre-order now and as soon as they get 200 orders they'll start producing it.  PSC have also announced they are working on a plastic 15mm Leopard 1 kit that you'.. be able to make a huge variety of kits from.  It the 20mm T-55 kits sell well, they'll produce the Leopard 1 in 20mm as well.

So enough gushing from me... Go order your 20mm T-55 box sets now!!!

Thanks

Richard

8 comments:

  1. So you should be in line for a free copy of the rules? Ordered my box of T-55's last night. Hope PSC starts to produce more modern in 20mm. I'm more Arab-Israeli wars but with so much cross over could be plenty to choose from. I don't mind building the plastic kits but sometimes I do find myself wishing there were more easy kits to choose from too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark - that would be nice wouldn't it. My version of the rules would allow you to easily "go back in time" to play Arab-Israeli wars with no problem. I imagine the final version should be able to do likewise. Like you I have no problem building standard plastic kits, but I am very happy to see as many rapid build Cold War kits out there as possible!
      Thanks
      Richard

      Delete
  2. Excited about this too!
    Any chance of some sample lists to start collecting too?
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey mate - yes, this is really good news. If you look back at my AARs I have listed all the forces involved. This should give you a pretty good idea about what goes into a list. Nothing startling, very similar to standard WW2 Battlegroup. Platoon of infantry, platoon of tanks, recce vehicles etc.

      Thanks

      Richard

      Delete
  3. Oh bollocks - well that's torn it.

    I suppose I'll just have to finish my BAOR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stick with FV432s and Chieftains... I'm just saying....

      Richard

      Delete
  4. There is no Northag book yet, that might be released in 2019-ish. For now all you need is Richards rules and BG Core rules.

    ReplyDelete