13 July 2016

Land Rover 101 FC - Painting Guide Pics

Over the last few days I've been painting some Airfix and BW Models (I think) Land Rover 101 FC models for my Royal Marines (and whomever else might need them).  This is the Airfix kit box so you'll recognise it if you stumble over it in a shop (or your stash!):


Sadly this excellent little kit seems to be rare as hen's teeth and the one I recently found on ebay was asking for a ridiculous price.  This is extra sad because I could easily live with a couple more of these little guys.  So if see one going cheap - buy it!

You will recall that this is where I was up to a few weeks back:


Well - to be honest it remained where they were up to until last weekend...

So I did some digging and came up with so photos to help me paint them - sourced through Google Images of course.  Here they are.


This is what I consider to be the classic image of the 101 FC and how I wanted at least one of them to look.


A number of photos showed the canvas soft top also painted - so I guess the other one will look like this.



And here's a couple of photos of the hard top radio van variant - which is a pretty slick looking vehicle.

So - next up - the completed models - starting with the two soft tops.

Thanks for your patience

Richard


3 comments:

  1. I have one myself and once I touch up the tires with a lick of paint I'll post on my Know Your Enemy blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one myself and once I touch up the tires with a lick of paint I'll post on my Know Your Enemy blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! If you're looking for more, S&S do a couple of versions

    C

    ReplyDelete