02 April 2013

More Soviet ACE kits

Over Easter I was up in Newcastle visiting one of my best mates and his family and we popped into Frontline Hobbies - a fantastic hobby store with friendly and useful staff and a great selection - which I recommend to anyone.  I was very chuffed to picked up this:



Which will be added to my Soviets - without the recoilless rifle in the pic - which may get transplanted onto a cut-down Airfix Land Rover for my British Paras.

I also grabbed 1 of these little tubs - MIG Productions - Europe Dry Mud.

I'd never seen this product before - but it looked pretty good - so I thought I'd give it a go.

When we got home I decided to use the MUD to finish is three more ACE kits - 2 x 2S1 Gvozdika (Carnation) Self-Propelled 122mm guns and a BMP variant - the PRP-3.

Here is how they turned out:




















So I'm basically quite happy with how these have turned out.  Soon I hope to be able to show you my entire 2S1 Battery and associated vehicles - just need to finish a supply truck first.

Have fun

Richard



No comments:

Post a Comment