11 April 2013

Fun with my Grandson

Well we had our 10 year old grandson down to stay with us over the last few days and had a great time.  We played a few board games - Space Hulk (the original), the fairly new X-Wing Miniatures Game, Carcassone and Settlers of Catan - all of which were very new to him.

Fairly early on I took him down to my local hobby store and he selected a Hobbyboss CH-46 Seaknight kit to make with me and a box of Airfix WW2 British Commandos.

Over the course of his stay he made the kit annd painted some figures - first time for each.  I had him remove all the pastic peices from the sprues and I cleaned them up for him.  He then glued everything together, spray undercoated and base coated the helo, and then helped me put the decals on.  I painted the windows and a few other things for him.  ....I'm a big fan of painted windows....

Here is the end result - of which I am very impressed!



It was our first Hobbyboss kit - and came together very nicely.  We took our time and the end result was excellent.

I left the rotor blades as seperate so they could cope with the plane flight home.

We also painted his "Army Men"


I painted a couple to help him have an idea of what they could look like - and helped him take care of what was left.  One of them got turned into a Terminator Commando along the way....

So that's it for now

Have fun

Richard


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful - certainly as good, if not better than what I could turn out at his age.

    Cherish that time together Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvellous! I'm delighted that you are putting to time into helping him develop his interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, I bet he loved gaming time with Granddad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I well remember my own grandfather taking the time to do this kind of thing with me when I was ten. Lovely stuff.

    Best wishes,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete