So its a couple of days later and the mini-project continues to progress. I'm actually quite pleased with what I've managed to get done.
I didn't take any Day 2 pictures - as I think the progress would not be very noticeable compared to tonight's pics.
All the armour (except for the lone BMP-2 which is now looking sadly neglected) has now been drybrushed with two highlights. The first is a basic green highlight which matches the original spray colour, and basically just cleans up a little the black-lining I did. The second drybrush is the original colour plus a little German Cam Beige added.
The highlights don't show up really well in the pictures (which were a bit rushed) but look OK. My next decision - and I have at least a day to think about it - is should I stop here or do 1 more highlight - I'm not sure right now...
If I don't do another drybrush it means I can jump straight into painting the details next...
Totally beyond the original scope for this week I've also managed to finish - well up to the point of them being dipped tonight - 18 odd Motor Rifle troops.
Again a crap photo... I just need to wait for the dip to dry overnight and then dullcote them - but the weather is so hot and humid here I might be waiting a while before I spray.
Probably a quiet night tomorrow as I have responsibilities that will take me away from the painting desk for most of the night so -