27 August 2019

My Unofficial Battlegroup: Cold War - UPDATE - New and Edited French Lists

Time for another update.  It's been a while I know but I've recently completed my revision of THREE French lists and I now feel they are in much better shape than they were when I first published the French Armoured Division Battlegroup list.

So here are the revised and new lists for the French:

French Armoured Division Battlegroup

French Infantry Division Battlegroup

French Rapid Reaction Force Battlegroup

I believe with these lists you should be able to replicate almost any French force from the mid to late 1980's - even possibly the first Gulf War.

The French have some awesome kit - certainly the best Armoured Cars (like the AMX-10RC) of any of the other lists, and also some pretty old and funky stuff (like the AMX-13).  I just need access to a complete range of French infantry options and then this is on my "to complete" list as I've already been putting away the odd bit of French kit for years.

Anyway - I think I have the Czechs still to do and then I'm largely calling the Army Lists complete.  Also as Battlegroup NORTHAG is coming closer - and will not be compatible with any of my stuff I won't be doing any more on this project.

As NORTHAG has gone in a slightly different direction I've decided to take the work I have done and work it into something different again, with my take on a Cold War game.

More of that in the future.

Thanks

Richard

8 comments:

  1. Enjoying games with your adaptation sir! Thank you for all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there any vehicle stats availible? Keen to use the lists on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - I've done all the vehicle stats - can't believe I failed to post them up. Will do so in the next few days.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Richard. A few folks in my area are interested in playing. Several team Yankee folks who want to branch out. I was going to help them set up some oil wars lists. I was wondering if you had some formulas for how you were calculating stats and unit points. I was planning on putting together some lists for them. If you wouldn't mind reaching out, I would really appreciate it. jacobaimino@gmail.com if it doesn't post that automatically.

      Delete
    2. Hi Jacob - I'll contact you via email.
      Richard

      Delete
  4. Hi Richard

    Any word on the French vehicle points values?

    Thanks

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bad Alex - I should have put these up ages ago. Thanks for the reminder

    Richard

    ReplyDelete