07 May 2017

Matchbox Phantom FG1/FGR2 - Revisited & Completed (Again!)

Well - as I posted last time I've revisited my Matchbox Phantom FG1/FGR2 kit that I "finished" back in December last year.  Back then, Paul Foster commented that the model might pop a bit more if I did the panel lines.  I completely agreed with him, and when the right product came along I decided to have a crack at it.

So here's the original:


And here's the new version


Original


New


Original


New


Original


New


So there we go - all done.  Interested in what you think of the panel lines - particularly on the top of the aircraft.  Too dark?  I'm not sure.  Typing this I just realised that I still need to hit it with a flat coat.  I wonder whether this will tone down the darker panel lines somewhat.

Oh well - I guess it's not finished after all.....  Will any of these projects ever end!!!!!

Richard

5 comments:

  1. The difference is striking, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so much better. I think the panel lines look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks much better with the panel lines done imo.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looked fine before, but it looks great now. The panel lines look really good to me.

    Cheers, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys - I appreciate your thoughts/opinions. I guess I'll keep using the panel line wash system!

    Richard

    ReplyDelete