11 April 2016

S&S 1/2 Ton Land Rover

OK - trying to jump back on this particular horse after a few weeks of ongoing (and still unidentified) illness - with not much modelling done.  But I have completed a few units and last night I took some photos to share.

I got 6 1/2 ton SWB Land Rovers in three guises from S&S Models a while back for my Royal Marines.  Designed to be air-portable, they were therefore also more easily sea-transportable and you can find out more about them here.

Here's a couple of pics of the real deal to get you in the mood:



My first two completed were the most simple variant that I'll probably be using as a Forward HQ, FAC or FO transport.  Here they are:





Pretty basic stuff - but I think they've come up quite well and will fulfill what I need them to do.

I've decided that my Norwegian campaign setting will be in late summer - mainly to give me a lot more interoperability between all my suitable USAEUR and BAOR kit with USMC and Royal Marine kit.  Hence I imagine these little Landies could possibly be used by Paras or maybe even Airmobile forces?  Not 100% sure but it sounds good!

Anyway - good to be back to "normal" (whatever that is) and blogging again.

Next up - small Landies with guns!

Thanks

Richard






No comments:

Post a Comment