03 April 2012

Cromwell Tracked Rapier

Well it's been yonks and last night I finally got around to taking some pictures so now I can actually update the blog. I even took photos for next week too!

So - onto the Tracked Rapier. Since I was very young I was pretty fasinated with the Rapier. I guess I had seen loads of pics of them being deployed in the Falklands and thought the look pretty mean. Later when the British Army deployed a mobile version (the Tracked Rapier - obviously) I thought it had a real sci-fi look to it, and it took mean to a hole new level.

Anyway - if you want to find out more info on the Rapier Missile and the Tracked Rapier - you can look here

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to be given a completed Cromwell Tracked Rapier. It was a little worn, and had some odd decals and so I cleaned those off and re-undercoated the vehicle. I then masked it up and sprayed it with Battlefront Warpaint British Armour Spray. A few dry-brushed coats and a little detail painting and here is the finished product.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a couple of youtube clips about the Tracked Rapier:








Old school Rapier battery - like the first one I saw in real life...


Finally - when it all goes wrong!

Have fun

Richard

4 comments:

  1. That looks excellent, good to see your back in action

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMPORTANCE OF CHOOSING THE RIGHT OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN THE IAS MAIN EXAM

    Choosing the right optional subjects is crucial in the IAS Main exam. The interest of the candidate plays an important role here. First of all you need to evaluate your own interest you should go for a subject if you are actually interested in that particular subject. If you like a subject, you can give a lot of time to study that subject without pressurizing yourself. Your interest will drag you to study more to know more about the subject. Thus you enjoy studying.

    http://online-education-topics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete