12 February 2012

Armoured Infantry Company - Guild Group Build 2012 Task 1 - Part 1

OK - first up an apology as I've actually been painting up a little bit of a storm lately - but have not posted anything for a while. Partly this is because it feel like anytime I post a Work-In-Progress online it is the kiss of death for me managing to complete a project on time! So I wimped out - reported nothing - and basically finished a project!

So this is my Task 1 entry into the Guild Group Build 2012.

As I've shown before I wanted to be able to field two reduced 1980s British Infantry Companys (to begin with anyway). The first is a Mechanised Infantry Company mounted in FV432 and the second is an Armoured Infantry Company - primarily mounted in Warrior MCV, but with their support elements in the vehicles appropiate for the time period.

I already had 2 painted Warriors that I had bought off a friend, along with some finished FV432 from previous work I had done. So to create a reduced company plus some other support assets I needed to complete 8 more Warriors, a FV432M and to convert a couple of the Britannia FV432M mortar teams into slightly more modern looking mortar teams.

Here is the result:

The Warriors
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You'll note the lack of decals apart from the very small union jacks - well - I'll be sorting that soonish I hope.

Now the FV432M:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This pic proves I actually made two of these!
Photobucket

Here are the mortar teams on their sabots:
Photobucket

And just for comparison - the original Britannia teams and my very simple conversions:
Photobucket

Tomorrow - the battle group as a whole...

have fun

Richard

2 comments: