23 September 2010

Leopard 1A5

If August was Soviet Month then September appears to be Random Month! So to keep it up, today's episode is based around the Revell Leopard 1A5.

You can find out more about the Leopard 1 series here

REVIEW

I really like Revell kits and this one is once again simply lovely. There are a couple of things that were a bit fiddly, like the applique armour and the stowage baskets around the turret, and I'm not sure I choose the right version - something to do with the engine grills on the rear sides, but basically the whole kit went together very well. So well that I went and got another one!

PAINTING

I used exactly the same techniques and colours on the Leopard 1A5 as I used on the Leopard 2A4 and the Marder 1A3.

So here are some of pics of the completed vehicles:

Photobucket
Leo 1 front

Photobucket
Leo 1 Rear

Photobucket
Front Above

Photobucket
Rear Above

Photobucket
2nd Leo 1 Front

Photobucket
2nd Leo 1 Rear

Photobucket
2nd Leo 1 Side

Photobucket
The Other Side

Photobucket
Together.

A bit later I managed to get hold of some Liberation Soviet tank crews. West German tankers wore very similar helmets so I was able to add these figures into my West German tanks like so.:

Photobucket

So that's my 2 finished Leopard 1A5's.

Here's some youtube clips on Leopard 1's.


A general clip about the Leopard 1 - but it does have good shots of the 1A5 in it.


I had to include a clip with a Leopard charging off a jump and firing at the same time. I think its the law, when talking about Leopards!


Now this isn't a Leopard 1A5 - but a tank race! How could I say no (again - I'm sure this is a legal thing!)

So that's enough for now...

Have fun

Richard

3 comments:

  1. Awesome paint job. I love the Leopards. I've tried to find the kits locally but looks like mail order is the only way I have.

    I enjoy the website. Random is fun IMO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done!

    What did you use for the foliage/camouflage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys. Should have said something about the foliage - but I forgot!

    It comes from Silflor and is Poplar Tree Summer.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete